Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Ocean of Blood Post


            In the book The Ocean of Blood by Darren Shan, Larten Crepsley faces a terrible concept that goes on through life. The concept that takes place is something that you can never forget but only destroy. The concept is……guilt! Guilt is a very strong emotion and unfortunately it is something that everyone has been through one time or another. The only way to not be guilty is not to do something guilty.
            Guilt is an emotion that lives on forever and Larten faces this problem because of his childhood. Before Larten Crepsley became a vampire he had murdered a man. In the book Tanish who is one of the Upper Vampires asks Larten “have you ever killed before” and Larten answered looking sad “not before I got blooded”. Larten is definitely not proud of his actions nor regrets his action but he does feel guilt.
            I know I have guilt and stuff that I am not proud of doing and I know you do too. A few days back my tutor was telling me about how she yelled at her sister for clogging the toilet and when she found out it actually wasn’t her fault she felt VERY guilty.
            Therefore Guilt is a terrible thing and it is a concept that is amazingly shown throughout the book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment